Sunday, 7 June 2020

June in Titusville

The rocket launch was great.  So glad that I got to see one in person.  It's a great time to be in a boat ready to escape looting idiots, Antifa crazies and "defund the police" airheads.  I encourage all Americans with a brain to buy a cheap boat and be prepared to escape.
I'm in Titusville to do the following:
1.  Purchase a dinghy and electric trolling motor and safety equipment (done!).
2.  Have a dodger made ($1,800 expense)
3.  Have rigging inspected, lifelines replaced and lazy jacks installed. (In progress).
4. General boat cleaning and a bit of maintenance  and prepare boat for sailing.

It turns out that the lines I thought were for a Spinnaker sail were actually lazy jack lines and I had EZ Jacks (went out of biz a few years ago).  So I need to replace the old shock cords and keep the design or buy Harken lazy Jacks and update the design.  I'll be figuring that out today.  Not expensive. 
After all of this upgrading the boat will end when I leave Titusville. This is it.  

The carribean and key West are now semi opened.....they are calling me.